Date/Time: 19th June 2021 - 20th June 2021
The Essex Way is a way-marked 81-mile long walk, starting in Epping in the southwest, crossing the Dedham Vale and Constable country, finishing at the port of Harwich on the Stour estuary.
It passes through ancient woodlands, open farmland, tree-lined river valleys and leafy green lanes, unveiling historic towns and villages along the way. Follow the poppies……………..
Calling Local Businesses, Groups of friends, individuals and Clubs………
- We have divided the 81-mile Essex way into 10 sections.
- There will be a check-in at each start/end point with directions for walkers, emergency
supplies and medals for participants!
- Gather your team or group.
- Decide who is going to walk which sections. (You can walk as many as you like, and stop or
start where you like – but the challenge is to cover the whole walk if you can.)
- The event is carefully timetabled – so arrive at your allotted start point.
- Prepare to receive your team’s baton and follow our pace setters to the next check point.
(You are, of course, free to walk at whatever speed you are comfortable, but the 3 miles/hr
will get you to Harwich in daylight hours and in time for fish and chips!)
- Collect your medal.
- Put your feet up!
This walking event will take place over the Summer Solstice Weekend of 19th/20th June 2021. Walking will take place in daylight hours only. All walkers will be free to either keep up with the pace (approx. 3 miles/hr) or walk at their own speed – the pace-setters are only there to make sure our Olympic Torch makes it to the next team’s start point on schedule
The Rob George Foundation exists in memory of Rob, who died aged 21 in 2013, after a battle bravely fought against Leukaemia. Please visit: www.therobgeorgefoundation.org for lots of information on the work we do.
- To provide practical and/or financial support to young people with life threatening or
- To provide financial support to young people who demonstrate exceptional commitment
and/or ability in the worlds of sport or performing arts but may be held back by their financial situation from pursuing their goals.
And one more thing…..
Please come and walk with us because you can, and because you owe it to yourself to get up and
out and to explore the beautiful Essex countryside on your doorstep! You will be amazed by its
variety and splendour. Whether you choose to rise with the mid summer sun or at a more leisurely
time, this is your opportunity to mark the summer and achieve something really special in the
company of family, friends and colleagues!!
To enter please complete this online form.
For more information please download this document.